- 1 How to group motors vex V5?
- 2 How do you program a VEX V5 controller?
- 3 What is a drivetrain in Vexcode?
- 4 How do I connect my V5 controller to my brain?
- 5 How many joysticks control the robot’s drive train in tank control?
- 6 How long does it take to charge a V5 battery?
- 7 What does a VEX controller do?
- 8 How do I download a code to my VEX controller?
- 9 How do you program a controller?
- 10 How many trigger buttons are on the VEXnet joystick?
How to group motors vex V5?
To configure a motor group, select the Devices button to open the Devices window. Select “Add a device.” Select “Motor Group.” Select which ports the motors in the motor group are attached to on the V5 Brain.
How do you program a VEX V5 controller?
To configure a Controller, select the Devices button to open the Devices window. Select “Add a device.” Select “Controller.” If you want to program the Controller using VEXcode V5, select “Done” to complete the configuration or “Cancel” to return back to the Devices menu.
What is a drivetrain in Vexcode?
A drivetrain is another high level class we use to collect together motors and some other related parameters. A drivetrain needs to know which motors are used for the wheels on the left and right hand sides of the robot.
How do I connect my V5 controller to my brain?
Connect a Smart Cable to one of the Smart Ports on the rear of the V5 Controller and to any Smart Port on the V5 Robot Brain. Power on the brain. The controller should automatically turn on when the brain is powered on and they are connected via a Smart Cable. Wait for the devices to indicate they are connected.
How many joysticks control the robot’s drive train in tank control?
Tank Style Drive A two-joystick robot drive code that typically uses the y-axis (up and down) only for locomotion. Each joystick controls a single side of the robot drive system. Transmitter Primary input device used for tele-operation of a VEX (or other) robot.
How long does it take to charge a V5 battery?
Your V5 Robot Battery Li-Ion 1100mAh can be fully recharged in under 60 minutes.
What does a VEX controller do?
The VEX ARM® Cortex®-based Microcontroller coordinates the flow of all information and power on the robot. It has built in bi-directional communication for wireless driving, debugging and downloading using the VEXnet wireless link. The Microcontroller is the brain of every VEX robot.
How do I download a code to my VEX controller?
First, restart the VEX Micro Controller. Then, go to the Robot menu and choose either the Download Program or Compile and Download Program command. 2b. Compile and Download Select Robot > Download Program or Compile and Download Program to download the Motor Port 3 Forward program to the VEX Micro Controller.
How do you program a controller?
Here is an example of likely steps:
- Turn on your TV or another device you wish to control.
- Press and release the DEVICE button on your remote that is associated with the product you want to control (TV, etc.).
- Press the Device Button again, as well as the POWER button at the same time.
- Release both buttons.
The VEXnet Joystick allows a human operator to control a robot in real-time using the VEXnet wireless link. The joystick has two 2-axis analog joysticks, 4 trigger buttons and two 4-button directional pads.