- 1 What are motor codes?
- 2 What does code mean on A electric motor?
- 3 What does PH1 mean on an electric motor?
- 4 What are 4 common types of motor enclosures?
- 5 How do I know if my rotor is locked?
- 6 What does H mean on a motor?
- 7 What does tE mean on a motor?
- 8 How do you tell if a motor is rated for a VFD?
- 9 What is kVA code?
- 10 What is a Type P motor?
What are motor codes?
Codes are defined in MG 1-10.37. 2 by a series of letters from A to V. Generally, the farther the code letter from A, the higher the inrush current per hp. A replacement motor with a “higher” code may require different upstream electrical equipment, such as motor starters.
What does code mean on A electric motor?
Generally, the farther a code letter is from A, the higher the inrush current per horsepower. This is important because a replacement motor with a higher code letter may require different upstream electrical equipment—such as a larger motor starter.
What does PH1 mean on an electric motor?
• HZ 60: frequency for which the motor is designed to operate. • AMPS 1.2: motor draws 1.2 amperes when operating at full load capacity. • RPM-1025: indicates motor turns 1025 revolutions per minute when pulling its rated load. • PH1: motor runs on single-phase power.
What are 4 common types of motor enclosures?
The Most Common Types Of Electric Motor Enclosures
- The most common types of enclosures are:
- Open Drip Proof (ODP)
- Weather Protected (WP1 / WP2)
- Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled (TEFC)
- Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated (TENV)
- Totally Enclosed Air Over (TEAO)
- Totally Enclosed Forced Ventilated (TEFV)
- XP (Explosion Proof)
How do I know if my rotor is locked?
When dividing the total volt-amperes by the total voltage in this problem, the locked-rotor current is 44.4A (15,980 ÷ 360 = 44.4).
What does H mean on a motor?
Gasoline pump motor. H. Indicates a frame with a larger “F” dimension.
What does tE mean on a motor?
The motor time tE for increased safety motor is prime safety parameter. The higher value of time tE means insulating system of Ex e motor is able to withstand the locked condition for long time so motor will be more safe for long duration during in specified abnormal condition in hazardous area.
How do you tell if a motor is rated for a VFD?
Three major factors should be considered when determining if a motor is compatible with a VFD: the motor winding insulation, motor bearings and pump operating speed range.
What is kVA code?
The KVA Code is used to determine which reduced voltage starter is needed. A group of motors are defined by a combination of their power and voltage. The KVA Code letters correspond to the universal KVA/HP range.
What is a Type P motor?
A ‘p’ type motor is a motor specifically designed to support and accommodate the proper form of ‘p’ type protection, so it can safely operate in a given hazardous gas environment. Once these standards are met, EM can have the motor tested and certified by an Authorized Test Institution if desired by the customer.