- 1 What are common problems with Chevy Trailblazers?
- 2 Is the 4.2 Vortec a good engine?
- 3 How much horsepower does a 4.2 L Trailblazer have?
- 4 Do Trailblazers have transmission problems?
- 5 How many miles do Chevy Trailblazers last?
- 6 Are Chevy Trailblazers good cars?
- 7 What cars had the 4.2 Vortec?
- 8 How much does a Chevy 4.2 engine weigh?
- 9 What size motor is a 4200 Vortec?
- 10 How many cylinders is a 4.2 engine?
- 11 How many miles per gallon does a 2002 TrailBlazer get?
- 12 What year did they stop making Chevy Trailblazers?
- 13 What transmission does my 04 Trailblazer have?
- 14 How much does it cost to rebuild a Chevy Trailblazer transmission?
What are common problems with Chevy Trailblazers?
Chevy Trailblazer: The Most Common Complaints You Should Know
- There is frequent fuel level sensor failure in Chevy Trailblazers.
- The AC blower is inoperable due to a failed resistor.
- The cooling fan clutch may fail.
- Here’s what else to watch for in the Chevy Trailblazer.
Is the 4.2 Vortec a good engine?
The Vortec 4200 is unquestionably the most refreshing, entertaining and powerful “base” engine in the light-truck market. Its refinement befits a luxury car, its brawny side unveiled only when you need to use it like a truck’s meant to be used.
How much horsepower does a 4.2 L Trailblazer have?
Horsepower. The 4.2-liter Vortec produced 275 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, which is a high number compared to its competition.
Do Trailblazers have transmission problems?
For example, many owners reported that their TrailBlazer’s transmission failed. Once again, the average TrailBlazer that had this issue had a lot of miles on it, as the average was about 100,000 miles. However, unlike the accessory problems, it cost on average $2,200 to fix the TrailBlazer’s transmission problem.
How many miles do Chevy Trailblazers last?
Here is the short answer to how long do Chevy Trailblazers last: The Chevrolet Trailblazer is a durable vehicle with an average lifespan of 200,000 miles. This means you can expect approximately 13 years of service, provided the vehicle is properly maintained, well looked after and driven smoothly.
Are Chevy Trailblazers good cars?
The Chevy Trailblazer is a pretty good SUV. Anybody can appreciate its decent fuel economy ratings, and few subcompact SUVs provide as much room for people and cargo. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the tech features are easy to use.
What cars had the 4.2 Vortec?
Which Cars/Trucks Have The 4.2 Vortec Engine?
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT.
- 2002-2009 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL, Envoy XUV.
- 2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada.
- 2003-2008 Isuzu Ascender.
- 2004-2007 Buick Rainier.
- 2005-2009 Saab 9-7X 4.2i.
How much does a Chevy 4.2 engine weigh?
The Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2 weighs 2053 Kg / 4526 lbs. What is the top speed of a Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2?
What size motor is a 4200 Vortec?
LL8 (Vortec 4200) It displaces 4.2 L; 253.9 cu in (4,160 cc), with a 93 mm × 102 mm (3.66 in × 4.02 in) bore and stroke. It has four valves per cylinder, utilizes dual-overhead cams (DOHC) design, and features variable valve timing on the exhaust cam, a first for GM Inline engines.
How many cylinders is a 4.2 engine?
The 4.2-liter engine is an inline six-cylinder (I-6) and is powered by regular gasoline. It has 24 valves–four valves per cylinder–and they are in a double-overhead-cam (DOHC) configuration. This means that there are two camshafts and they sit on the top of the cylinder head.
How many miles per gallon does a 2002 TrailBlazer get?
The Ford 4.2-liter engine is a 256-cubic-inch, six-cylinder engine. This engine’s cylinder bore had a diameter of 3.81 inches and a piston stroke length of 3.74 inches.
What year did they stop making Chevy Trailblazers?
After an all-too-short time on the market, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer left North America and was replaced by the Traverse. The last TrailBlazer was built at GM’s Moraine, Ohio, plant in 2008, and though the Traverse has filled in quite capably, there has been something of a void in our hearts ever since.
What transmission does my 04 Trailblazer have?
The 4l60e transmission will fit in a 2004 chevy trailblazer.
How much does it cost to rebuild a Chevy Trailblazer transmission?
You can usually expect to pay $800 to $1,400 to have a transmission rebuilt. It is not an easy job and will likely take about a week for a mechanic to do. Usually a mechanic does not know how bad Your transmission is until they actually take it apart.