- 1 Is it free to post on eBay Motors?
- 2 How do I advertise my car on eBay Motors?
- 3 How do you use eBay Motors?
- 4 Can you get scammed on eBay motors?
- 5 Does eBay hold and ship cars?
- 6 Will eBay Motors email you?
- 7 How do you pay on eBay Motors?
- 8 How much do eBay take?
- 9 What is the phone number for eBay Motors?
- 10 Does eBay ever contact buyers?
- 11 Are eBay Motors deposits refundable?
- 12 What is an eBay buyer protection order?
- 13 How can you tell if an eBay seller is legit?
- 14 Can you get scammed on eBay?
- 15 How can I sell my car without being scammed?
Is it free to post on eBay Motors?
There is no final value fee for selling on eBay Motors; instead, you pay the transaction service fee when your item gets a bid (or if you’ve used a reserve, when bidding meets your reserve price).
How do I advertise my car on eBay Motors?
HOW TO SELL YOUR CAR ON EBAY
- STEP 1: FIND THE SELL. AN ITEM PAGE.
- STEP 2: SELECT A CATEGORY. You’ll be taken to a page where you’ll select a category.
- STEP 3: ENTER YOUR.
- STEP 4: CHECK THE DETAILS.
- STEP 5: ENTER TITLE AND.
- STEP 6: ADD PICTURES AND DESCRIBE YOUR CAR.
- STEP 7: SET PRICES.
- STEP 8: CHOOSE PAYMENT METHODS.
How do you use eBay Motors?
The eBay Motors car-buying process is straight forward. A seller places a vehicle for sale on the marketplace. The seller is required to list all applicable details about the car including its current condition. From there, you are able to submit bids to purchase the car.
Can you get scammed on eBay motors?
eBay Motors Security Center. When you start and end your transaction on eBay Motors, you automatically get the benefit of eBay’s Vehicle Protection Program*. If a Craigslist or non-eBay seller ‘promises’ you the eBay protection plan, this is false and almost certainly a scam and you should walk away.
Does eBay hold and ship cars?
No, eBay does not ship cars. The buyer is typically responsible for shipping the vehicle. Occasionally, eBay dealerships may offer free shipping. It is important to note that if a private seller states they provide free shipping, they are most likely attempting to scam you.
Will eBay Motors email you?
“This transaction appears to be a scam, unfortunately, scam artists will list items for sale on non-eBay trading sites, and promise eBay’s protection as a means of completing the scam.” He said to protect yourself: All eBay Motors transactions should be done on the eBay site, never via text or private email.
How do you pay on eBay Motors?
To successfully pay for your vehicle on eBay Motors, you’ll have to use PayPal and eBay’s financing center. Most sellers require a deposit upon winning an auction and the remaining balance to be paid within a set amount of time.
How much do eBay take?
Sellers with a basic eBay account pay a 10% final value fee for most items (with a $750 maximum), 12% for books, DVDs, movies, and music (with a $750 maximum), 2% for select business and industrial categories (with a $300 maximum), and 3.5% for musical instruments and gear (with a $350 maximum).
What is the phone number for eBay Motors?
Contact us at 866-206-9555.
Does eBay ever contact buyers?
Buyers and sellers also can’t share contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, prior to completing a transaction on eBay. Contacting another eBay member to discuss moving a purchase off eBay exposes both the buyer and seller to the risk of fraud.
Are eBay Motors deposits refundable?
If you pay for the vehicle, but don’t receive it, you will receive your purchase price amount paid, up to $100,000. If you pay a refundable deposit, but do not complete the purchase and the seller doesn’t refund your deposit, you will receive your deposit paid, up to $100,000.
What is an eBay buyer protection order?
Generally speaking, eBay Buyer Protection is a promise to shoppers on the U.S. eBay site—eBay.com— that eBay will intervene in disputes between buyers and sellers to rectify issues when the seller has failed to act adequately to resolve the dispute.
How can you tell if an eBay seller is legit?
Generally, look for sellers that have a higher number of feedback ratings. If you’re looking at a product and the seller has 300 feedback ratings and a positive feedback score of 98%, it indicates a very reputable seller. You don’t have to investigate this seller further.
Can you get scammed on eBay?
Scammers will use any available platform to trick innocent people out of their money or goods, and eBay is no exception. The online auction site launched in 1995, and scammers have used it ever since. The company has put in some safeguards, but you can do a lot to protect yourself as an eBay user.
How can I sell my car without being scammed?
Tips for avoiding scams when selling your car
- Meet with buyers in person, preferably with someone you trust. When you speak with someone online, they could be on the other side of town or the other side of the world.
- Only accept cash or certified checks.
- Consider an escrow account for out-of-area buyers.