- 1 What is the role of GIC?
- 2 Which of the following is a subsidiary company of GIC?
- 3 How many zonal offices are there in GIC?
- 4 Why Tata Motors share price dropped?
- 5 Is GIC a govt company?
- 6 How can I prepare for GIC exam?
- 7 Where is the headquarter of GIC?
- 8 Is LIC under IRDA?
- 9 What is the difference between LIC and GIC?
- 10 Which share is best to buy now?
- 11 Is Tata Motors debt free?
What is the role of GIC?
GIC’s stated role was to function as the holding company of the four companies, and superintend, control and carry on the business of General insurance on behalf of the Government of India.
Which of the following is a subsidiary company of GIC?
On December 2000, the four subsidiary companies of GIC (viz. Oriental Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited and United India Insurance Company Limited) de-linked themselves from the parent company and set up as independent insurance companies.
How many zonal offices are there in GIC?
LIC is governed by the Insurance Act 1938, LIC Act 1956, LIC Regulations 1959 and Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act 1999. As on 31st March, 2016, LIC has 8 Zonal Offices, 113 Divisional Offices, 2048 Branch Offices, 73 Customer Zones, 1401 Satellite Offices and 1240 Mini Offices in India.
Shares of Tata Motors slipped over 3% in early deals on Wednesday on the BSE after the company flagged chip supply shortage.
Is GIC a govt company?
GIC Re was a wholly-owned company of Government of India until its initial public offer (IPO) in October 2017. After the IPO Government of India’s holding in GIC Re declined to 85.78%. General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) was incorporated at Mumbai on November 22 1972 as a private limited company.
How can I prepare for GIC exam?
Tips for the Preparation of GIC Assistant Exam General Awareness
- Don’t go on reading the entire subject but focus on important topics basically from Banking and Finance.
- Follow Current Affairs Capsule and Stay updated with the significant and current events.
- Use the Elimination Method to solve the questions much faster.
Where is the headquarter of GIC?
GIC or Guaranteed Investment Certificate is a short-term liquid investment for a period of one year offered by Canadian banks with a guaranteed rate of return. It is for Indian students who aspire to study in the SPP (Student Partners Program) colleges in Canada.
Is LIC under IRDA?
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) on Thursday sought to allay concerns on its oversight of government owned Life Insurance Corp of India (LIC).
What is the difference between LIC and GIC?
GIC Re is the country’s sole reinsurer, while New India is the country’s largest general insurance company. GIC Re and New India are listed insurers while LIC is in the process of listing on the stock exchanges through a disinvestment by the government. All three entities are owned by the government.
- October 01, 2021. Indus Towers Ltd (₹308.7): SELL.
- September 21, 2021. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (493.4): SELL.
- September 17, 2021. Sunteck Realty (435.5): Buy.
- September 16, 2021. CESC (₹880.3): Buy.
- September 15, 2021. BEML (1,435): BUY.
- September 14, 2021. Coal India (₹154.60): Buy.
- September 09, 2021.
- September 08, 2021.
Is Tata Motors debt free?
Tata Motors reaffirms plan to turn debt-free by FY24 despite negative impact of Covid. Tata Motors Ltd, the country’s largest automaker by revenue, will stick to its plan to turn debt-free by FY24 despite its businesses being adversely impacted by the pandemic, chairman Natarajan Chandrasekaran said on Friday.