- 1 Are all LS Motors the same size?
- 2 What are the different types of LS engines?
- 3 What cars do LS engines fit in?
- 4 What trucks have LS engines?
- 5 Are 5.3 and 6.0 cranks the same?
- 6 Are 5.3 and 6.0 blocks the same?
- 7 Which LS engine is the most powerful?
- 8 Which LS engine is the best?
- 9 Are LS swaps illegal?
- 10 What is the fastest LS motor?
- 11 Which 6.0 LS is the best?
- 12 How much HP can a 5.3 LS make?
- 13 What does LS stand for on Chevy motors?
- 14 Is Vortec and LS the same?
Are all LS Motors the same size?
All factory LS engines use hydraulic roller lifters with the same body diameter (0.842-inch) as its small-block predecessor. These lifters are not, however, interchangeable.
What are the different types of LS engines?
LS1, LS6, LS4, LS2, LS3/L99, LSA, LS9, and LS7 are the main ones you need to know. There are also many other LS-based engines out there such as various truck engines, and different versions to these already existing engines.
What cars do LS engines fit in?
Best LS Engine Swap Candidates (Pictures)
- Mazda FD RX-7 1991-2002.
- Porsche Cayman/Boxster.
- Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S 2012-2017.
- Datsun 240/260/280Z 1970-1978.
- Mazda ND Miata 2016-2017.
- Triumph GT6 1966-72.
- Porsche 911 1999-2005.
- Ferrari 360 1999-2005.
What trucks have LS engines?
These Chevrolet trucks currently come with or came with LS engines: Avalanche, Colorado, Silverado, Tahoe, Trailblazer, and Suburban. The specific models vary throughout the years, and some, like the Avalanche, had the LS in only certain trim levels. These usually came with the 5.3L, 5.7L, or 6.0L displacements.
Are 5.3 and 6.0 cranks the same?
due to stroke differences and each had different casting numbers. The 6.0L crank has the same stroke (92mm) as the 5.3L and 5.7L cranks.
Are 5.3 and 6.0 blocks the same?
Flassh, Actually the 6.0 motor is the same small block that the 5.3 utilizes. The 5.3 is 327 cu. in. and the 6.0 is the same block bored to a 366 cu.
Which LS engine is the most powerful?
LS9The most powerful production engine ever from GM, the LS9 is the 6.2L supercharged and charge-cooled engine of the Corvette ZR1. It is rated at an astonishing 638 horsepower.
Which LS engine is the best?
Best LS Engines
- LS9/LSA: Made for the 2009-2013 Corvette ZR1, the LS9 is a supercharged 6.2L engine rated at 638 horsepower — the most powerful of all small blocks.
- LS1: This is the one that started it all!
- LS7: Introduced in 2005, the LS7 sported 427 cubic inches, making it the largest small block ever.
Are LS swaps illegal?
Even in California, many automotive enthusiasts believe it is against the law to perform engine swaps. The basic intent of the California engine change laws is that when you do an engine swap, the new engine/transmission cannot pollute more than the original engine/transmission.
What is the fastest LS motor?
At Speed Week 2017, George Poteet and the Speed Demon team used that LS to run 428.784mph and this year, with a better racing surface, it ran 448.508mph, ensuring that it’s the fastest LS engine in the world.
Which 6.0 LS is the best?
If it is a large bore that you crave, the 6.0L blocks (LQ4 and LQ9) are the best of the Gen IIIs. These iron anchors were used in the heavier duty trucks, SUVs, and vans.
How much HP can a 5.3 LS make?
The stock 5.3L is factory rated around 320 hp with 340 lb-ft of torque.
What does LS stand for on Chevy motors?
What does LS stand for on Chevy engines? Both LS and LT were luxury sport and luxury touring.
Is Vortec and LS the same?
Although Vortec engines are “LS” based they are NOT LS engines IMO. You can gain an inch or two by removing the plastic engine cover and cutting some of the plastic tabs on top of the Vortec intake manifold. This may be all you need for clearance and a Vortec will fit in your car.